Sunday, November 7, 2010

Modern Slavery

Hmmm...Slavery, Wasn't that over a long time ago? No, not really. There are still many forms of Slavery out there today. Lately, in class we talked about some types of slavery that still exist today. Like sweat shops, Women inferior to men, and slaves of your sibling(s). My teacher was telling us about how brand name stores buy factors in other countries to avoid paying taxes. A store like Nike has kids from 3rd world countries making their product. The class was having a discussion about whether or not they'll still buy/ use the product if they knew it was from a sweat shop. Some people said it depends and others said they wouldn't. I agree with the people who said it depends on what the product is because sometime that certain product might be the only one out there. Women inferior to men would be a mild form of slavery because I grew up learning that women are suppose to listen to what the "men" of the family has to say. I don't totally agree with this, but because I'm a daddy's girl, I usually listen and obey what my dad tells me to do. Not that I'm a slave of his, but I do what he tells me to do. Lastly, Slaves of your sibling. Even thought I'm the youngest in my family, I never experienced being bossed around and being told what to do. They always treated me like someone their age. But I've seen sibling slavery before. Most of my friends that are girls, boss their little brothers around like their some kind of mule. I feel sorry for their siblings because it's sad and they're helpless. However, Sometime I think they deserve it. I swear to never commit any type of slavery because slavery is BAD! :PPP 

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I know who you're talking about in the last few sentences.

    ReplyDelete