Thursday, December 16, 2010

Taylor swift :]

The Album that I think everyone should listen to over this winter break is Speak Now by Taylor Swift. It's been out for about a month. Almost each song on that Album is dedicated to a boy that she used to date. However, the song that I like the best on this album is Long Live. I can personally relate to this song. It makes me think of Homecoming Dance and the feeling that one would feel when they've won Homecoming king/queen. Even though I'm still in highschool, I can imagine someone who has graduated from highschool, reminisce while they listen to this specific song. 
We were the Kings and the Queens
And they read off our names
The night you danced like you knew our lives
Would never be the same
You held your head like a hero
On a history book page
 
Taylor Swift usually sing Country/Pop type of music. In this song, I can hear the Pop from the drums and guitar, but her voice, like always give off the country feel.
Compared to other artists like Carrie Underwood, I like Taylor Swift more because I can relate to Taylor Swift's songs more than I can relate to Carrie Underwood's songs. However, I still listen to Carrie Underwood too, because she's awesome!!!

Another song that should be heard is Sparks Fly also in Taylor Swift's album. I'm sure a lot of girls can relate! Here's a little preview.
And you stood there in front of me just
Close enough to touch
Close enough to hope you couldn't see
What I was thinking of

Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain

'Cause I see, sparks fly whenever you smile
Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down
Something that'll haunt me when you're not around

3 comments:

  1. Not really a fan, but my daughter asked for one of her cds last year...I let her explore...as should you. Later you will find good music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TeeHee at McCarthy's comment.

    I recently got Speak Now from a friend as an early Christmas present and I love it. Long Live is the song that's on repeat the most, partly because it reminds me of a story I should be writing but I'm being lazy about. :P It reminds me exactly of Change from her Fearless album. I'm addicted to both of them together. :D

    I think the second song that I like the most from the album is Haunted. It snuck up on my at first and surprised me but then I found myself addicted.

    What's your opinion on Better Than Revenge? Apparently, it's written about Camilla Belle. People are going nuts about the lyrics (I would too but I like them too much).

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHA, McCarthy :] That was cold.

    Amy, I knew Long Live would eventually make it to your favorites list ;]

    ReplyDelete