Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hungry for Attention

Hmmm is everyone hungry for attention or is it just Richard? No. I can honestly say there are times when I just really need someone's attention or care. However, Richard isn't just hungry for attention, he's greedy when it comes to attention. Not only does he set the house on fire for his parents paying more attention to his sickly grandmother, he also becomes and alcholic. He said that the reason why he was/ is an Alcholic was because the lack of attention from his parents. There are different types of "hungry for attention", one might need the attention or just want the attention. Richard wanted everyone's undivided attention to himself. I would understand why he would be that way if he was an only child, because those who are the only child in the family tend to receive more attention from their parents than those who have other siblings. One concept I don't understand is that why he would need so much attention even though he grew up with another brother. He always had to share the attention with his brother. It could've contribute to his attention "needs" now that he has grown up. Being one of four siblings in my family, I've never got all the attention. It seems sort of impossible to have my parents undivided attention, when one lives with 3 other siblings that want their attention just as much as I do. Also, my parents never really gave attention to me unless it was totally necessary. So while growing up, I received most of my attention from my siblings. We all gave one another attention, it compensated for the attention that are parents never gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment